Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Falls on the North Fork of the White River | Dora, MO

I had the good fortune to stay at the River of Life Farm, outside of Dora, Missouri, the other week. The place is incredible and truly one of the most peaceful places I have stayed at. Nestled in a valley of the North Fork of the White River, Myron McKee has led the building of several treetop cabins scattered around his property. Each cabin is tastefully decorated and provides a unique view of the river and tree canopies. The hospitality is unmatched and the staff provide a great atmosphere for an overnight's stay or float on the river.

I was lucky enough to catch one wild rainbow trout — my first in Missouri. The North Fork of the White River is one of the best trout rivers in the country thanks to its wild population of rainbow and brown trout. A must stop for fisherman for sure!

While down there I met a film crew working on a piece about fishing on the North Fork. Their project looks like it's going to be pretty special to watch. It's called Chasing Waters. Check em out on Facebook.

On the last morning I stayed there I shot at sunrise at the infamous Falls. The Falls is a popular spot along the river and is within a short walk from the cabins at River of Life Farm.

If you are ever in southern Missouri, stop by and take the time to meet Myron and enjoy a night at one of his cabins. It will truly be an experience you will never forget.

A couple of these shots I got using a technique called HDR, where I combined a couple of images
using Photomatix software.

Enjoy!
















No comments:

Blog Archive