Saturday, January 22, 2011

Devil's Backbone

I've posted photos from this location before, but first time shooting here in the winter after a snowstorm. Columbia and most of Missouri was dumped with over 6 inches of snow, creating some great photo opportunities. This is a view from atop the cliff off Backbone Road above Cedar Creek in the Mark Twain National Forest - Cedar Creek District.

This panoramic is a collection of 22 images stitched together in about a 180 degree view. I shoot my panoramic photos vertically to give more space and room for a crop.


This is an HDR image composed of 13 images shot within a 1/3 stop of each other. With the new process in Photoshop CS5, composing an HDR image is a lot easier. You are seeing a lot of HDR photos on the web a lot lately, which is great, but dont overuse the technology to give too much of a surreal image. I try to make my HDR images not too extreme and appear other-worldly.

No comments: